Happy Blogiversary to Write of the Middle!
On 4 November 2016 (tomorrow) it will be 2 years since Write of the Middle went live!
It feels longer than 2 years and that is most likely because I have actually been blogging for 4 years, having started my first blog on 19 September 2012. It was called MinsMash and was set up originally purely as a place to share my 365 Grateful photos, but it morphed into much more than that over the 2+ years it was active. When I first started blogging, I had no idea about blogging or how to blog. I didn’t even know there was a blogosphere. I did read a few blogs but that was the extent of my ‘blog’ knowledge. Thankfully I decided to set up my first blog on WordPress, the free version, and thus began my learning journey about blogs, social media, the blogosphere and more!
Write of the Middle was a lovely fresh start on a self hosted platform which provides me with much more flexibility and creative control. I have shared lots of SNAPS, discussed many of life’s CRACKLES and talked often about how we can work towards a more ZEN life. The blog is and always will be evolving as I endeavour to find my own unique place out there in the blogosphere. Write of the Middle is just one humble little blog amongst the masses that are out there now, but I love it and I really do hope that some of the words I write here are worth something to someone, even just one person.
The blog is many things to me, including:
- a creative outlet – for my photography and of course for writing and expressing myself
- a platform for sharing things I have learnt about life during my 52 years, with the hope of helping or at least informing others
- a form of connectivity – providing a feeling of belonging as part of the Australian blogosphere and finding like-minded people
- a way to meet new people, both online and offline
- an environment which encourages learning all the time – by doing research for posts; by the necessity of back-end requirements of running a blog; as part of the blogosphere and learning about the world of blogging; by networking and learning from others
- provides a platform on which I can connect with and support chosen charities, brands, businesses and people that I believe in
- provides a sense of purpose (plus so much more)
For those of you who have been with me since the beginning back in September 2012, and those of you who have joined me since the launch of Write of the Middle on 4 November 2014, and all of you that I’ve met along the way, both online and offline, your support and friendship is everything to me. Thank you!
Ciao for now,
Link up here or with another of us in the Lovin’ Life Linky team:
Leanne of Deep Fried Fruit, Johanna of Lifestyle Fifty, Lyndall of Seize the Day Project,
Kathy of 50 Shades of Age, and Deb of Debbish.
It doesn’t matter where you link up as it will magically appear on all six blogs.