I mentioned my new little project ‘Draw Your Day’ in last week’s blog post, and in that post I said I’d share the sketches I’d done so far in the next Art Chat post, and here we are today with the next Art Chat post so I’m including all sketches done up until the time of typing this.
If you missed last week’s post, it would be worthwhile clicking on the link above and having a read of it because it will explain what ‘Draw Your Day’ is, my own set of rules around it, and why I’ve decided to do it.
Anyway, here we go, sketches done so far. Please note that:
- They are in a sketchbook. Sometimes I can crop them so that they don’t look like they’re in a sketchbook but sometimes I haven’t had time or I can’t get a good clean crop, and
- It can sometimes be difficult to get good photographs of them without turning it into a time intensive photography venture (which I don’t have time for). Sometimes the photos are too dark and the images have had to be brightened. This sometimes changes how they actually look in real life. Hopefully, they’ll look ok regardless (but they do look better IRL in the sketchbook I think)!
- These sketches are not art masterpieces. The point of this ‘nearly’ daily practice is to be spontaneous, loose and free which really helps to unlock the creative within. This is especially helpful for when you’ve not been doing art regularly and/or you can get paralysed by perfectionism which has been the case for me.
- I’m still getting the hang of how I want my visuals and words in the journal to look. There will be a lot of playing around with different layouts etc until I find what I like.
- I’ll let the sketches speak for themselves. This post will be a post of few words (after this LOL).
Draw Your Day Sketches from 22 January to 11 February 2023
I’m trying a different kind of gallery layout for a bit of fun. Click on an image to see it at full size and then arrow through them.
Hopefully with time, we will see my sketches become looser and better!
Ciao for now,
Linking up with Denyse Whelan’s ‘Wednesday’s Words and Pics‘