You’re here! You’re not what I was expecting but I am determined that you are going to be kind to me and that you are going to be a very good year. I am excited by the possibilities.
I don’t believe in new year’s resolutions anymore. They set you up for failure because they put too much pressure on you. At least, that is the effect they have on me. I don’t choose ‘a word’ anymore either (choosing a word is about intention … for example ‘balance’ … an intention to find a better balance in your life over the coming year or ‘trust’ … an intention to trust in your choices or what the world presents to you during the year, trust that you are where you are supposed to be right now etc). A chosen word is supposed to be your guiding word for the year. I chose a word for two years running (2014 ‘Trust’, 2015 ‘Believe’) but by the 2nd year I found that I had forgotten all about my word and not kept it in mind throughout the year at all. It might work for others but I didn’t feel the concept was working for me. I might revisit this idea one year to try it again but I’m not wanting to this year.
So, instead of new years resolutions or choosing a word, I think I prefer a softer, more chilled out approach. I want to be like the girl sitting on 2018 reading a book in the image with this post. She knows what she wants. She’s got this, and she’s relaxed about it!
So in a soft, relaxed, chilled out way, here are some of the things I am hoping to achieve or do during 2018:
- embrace friendships that nourish and uplift me and let go of those that drain and deplete me
- regular exercise that I really enjoy
- some time outdoors every day – even if just at home
- eat healthy and well and try to curtail the snacking
- long weekends away in nature to restore me
- meet up IRL with blogging friends who I’ve only known online (and also the ones I’ve met IRL before)
- to do well with my new venture (to be announced soon – some hints in my recent Taking Stock post)
- continued and improved connectivity with readers via my blog and other social media
- Twin2 to get a job that he loves
- all my family and friends to be healthy, safe and happy
- read more books
- be more organised
- be productive enough to feel a sense of achievement and satisfaction
- love myself more (shush the self-critical mind)
- restore my attitude of gratitude by starting each day with a grateful heart and finding at least one thing in every day to be grateful for
- practice mindfulness and meditate at least once in every day (fantastic way to slow or stop an overly busy mind as mine can tend to be)
- regular self-care to keep stress and anxiety at bay and keep me well
- travel somewhere I have never been to before
- feel well, relaxed, and happy.
So cheers to a relaxed, productive, healthy, fun, happy and kind 2018! As I said on my Facebook page just after midnight on New Years Day: Peace, love, good health and happiness to all is my wish for 2018. Happy New Year!
Do you make New Years Resolutions or choose a word for the year? What are your hopes for 2018?
Ciao for now,
Link up here at WOTM or with another of us in the Lovin’ Life Linky team:
It doesn’t matter where you link up as it will magically appear on all six blogs.