Hello 2019 and Happy New Year!
Ta Da! This is my first post for 2019! I feel like I’ve just opened up a fresh new diary with lovely crisp, white pages. Know that feeling? A fresh start, full of promise and hope. I want my writing to be all neat and perfect and not to make a mistake to ruin it. Ahhhh that perfectionist is still there in me!
I don’t make new year’s resolutions or even select a guiding word for the year anymore. I do however like to reflect on the previous year – what went well, what was lacking, what do I need more of and/or less of, and of course for 2019 what would I like to achieve, do, feel and experience?
Many of these reflections are quite personal, but I will say that I continue to be a work in progress and I guess I always will be continually evolving, learning, and growing. I share some of my reflections & intentions for 2019 towards the end of this post.
Zen Tip Tuesday – an exciting new endeavour on the blog for 2019!
NEW GUEST POST SERIES
You might have already heard about my planned new Zen Tip Tuesday (#ZTT) guest post series for 2019? I may have mentioned it HERE and HERE! It kicks off on Tuesday 22 January! It’s fresh and new and it’s so exciting! You can read all about it HERE.
You might notice that Write of the Middle’s tagline is – ‘Snaps, Crackles & Zen with Min’. Snaps represents the sharing of photographs and my love of photography. Crackles represents the ups and downs, good and bad, all aspects of life that I might talk about on the blog. And Zen … it’s about seeking peace and balance … for our mind, body & spirit. I felt the blog needed more input on Zen and there’s how the seed was planted in my mind for this series.
HAVE YOUR POST FEATURED ON #ZTT!
At this stage, I have contributing guest posts each Tuesday from 22 January up to and including 16 April, but I want to continue this series for the entirety of 2019 (at least) so will need more guest posts. If you’re interested in having your post featured please send me an email at email@example.com with your suggested topic and we will go from there. I’d love to have you on board the #ZTT train! In the meantime, everything you need to know to have your post featured can be read HERE.
NEW #ZTT LINK-UP!
But wait there is more! I’ve decided to start a Zen Tip Tuesday #ZTT link-up which kicks off on Tuesday 5 February. I figured 5 February would provide anyone who was interested in linking up enough notice and time to get familiar with the ‘zen theme’ and have a think about a post to link up, and also school holidays will be over and life will be returning to usual again by then.
For quite some time now I have wanted to host my own link-up party but there were so many and I didn’t want it to be a case of too many. However, some of the old favourites have now sadly gone, e.g. #FYBF #IBOT & Weekend Rewind (Flog Yo Blog Friday & I Blog on Tuesdays to those unfamiliar with the acronyms), so some room has been made for some fresh linky blood and as Tuesday was now linky-less since #IBOT is sadly no longer, I saw the opportunity to extend my new #ZTT guest post series into a link-up as well. I expect the take-up will be slow at first but I hope that it will grow into something special.
You can read all the details about the new #ZTT link-up HERE.
NEW ZEN TIP TUESDAY DROP DOWN MENU ON THE MAIN MENU OF THE BLOG
In case you’re madly bookmarking all those links above (of course you are!!) it might help to know that the links provided above are all easily accessible on the main menu at the top of the blog as shown in the screenshot image below.
Reflections & Intentions for moving forward into 2019
So for 2019, these are my thoughts going forward:
- I don’t feel I have found my true purpose in life yet or that my days are being filled as they should be. Everything I’ve been doing is leading me there. It’s like I’m following a trail of crumbs, but I’m not quite there yet. So, this year I will take all interesting opportunities on board with gratitude, as they just might lead me to where I am supposed to go. You never know. My antennae will be super alert this year, with the hope of getting closer to some clarity and surety, and ultimately the fulfilment I seek.
- I will continue to be aware of my shortcomings and try to do better this year.
- I intend to incorporate regular walking back into my weekly routine to compliment the 3 x weekly pilates classes. The good thing about being a 50+ midlifer is the wisdom of knowing that it’s in my own best interest to only do activities that I enjoy. The days of forcing myself to ‘exercise’ in a way that I don’t like or enjoy and can never sustain are over.
- I’d like to incorporate a regular home practice of YOGA into my life. Unfortunately, I can’t afford to attend yoga classes on top of Reformer Pilate classes but I want to do yoga. There’s a yogi in me wanting to come out … so finding a suitable YouTube video series or App to guide me in regular home practice is on the plan for 2019. I have my own yoga mat and even a bolster so there’s nothing to stop me!
- Health checks. Lots are overdue. Book those appointments and get your butt to them and tick them off your ‘to do’ list once and for all!
- Passport Renewal – for the love of everything that exists – please get your passport renewed this year! *sigh*
- Reincorporate some gratitude practice back into your life Min. The great work you did on this back in 2012/2013 has slipped away. I feel a refresh is much needed!
- I would like my 2019 to be full of colour (like the image with this post depicts). Lots and lots of splashes of colours representing different experiences! I want to keep learning. I want to have fun. I want more belly laughs. I want to explore and see places I haven’t seen or been to before. I want to enjoy new and continued connections. I want to grow as a person and to loosen up and be less uptight, and more!
Final Wrap Up
So there you go – some reflections on the past year, some intentions for the new year, and my fabulous new #ZTT endeavour. I do hope you’ll jump on board the #ZTT train and share your little gems of zen, either by linking up or having your post featured. Everyone has little gems of zen to share. What little practice or activity do you do that gives you a sense of peace, or as the currently very popular (on Netflix) Marie Kondo (of KonMari) says ‘sparks joy’. These things all contribute to your sense of zen – balance (mind, body & spirit).
Ultimately, we all want to achieve happiness, peace, satisfaction, fulfilment, love, connection, and some ZEN in life don’t we? I wish you good health & happiness and hope that your 2019 is fabulously colourful too.
Ciao for now,
Link up here at WOTM or with another of us in the Lovin’ Life Linky team:
Leanne of Deep Fried Fruit
Deborah of Debbish | Jo of And Anyways
It doesn’t matter where you link up as it will magically appear on all our blogs.