Well hello there! Welcome to my new bloggy home! It’s so fresh, pretty and uncluttered and it has that lovely new smell. I love it here!!
First up I want to thank the wonderful, lovely and ever so patient Katrina Chambers who has created this beautiful space for me. Katrina is a lifestyle and interior design blogger who blogs over at Katrina Chambers and you can also find her at The Media Maid where she uses her technical and visual talents to offer services to help us bloggers achieve our dreams! Thank you Katrina from the bottom of my heart for bringing my vision to life! My technically challenged self could not have done it without you!!
Those of you who know me from my 2+ years of blogging over at MinsMash will know that I dove into blogging without knowing anything about it at all. I also dove into it during a period in my life when I had lots of soul searching to do. My 2+ years of blogging at MinsMash were spent learning and absorbing lots and lots of information about being a blogger in this very big, wide blogosphere (there will always be loads more to learn) and it was also spent learning about myself – who I am and what I want to do with the rest of my life. There was much achieved over those 2+ years!
Ultimately, I made the decision that ‘I want to do what I love and love what I do’ and the creation of this blog is a big part of that dream. I just needed to wait until I felt the time was right – and the time is right now! It was time to let go of the past and move forward. To do that, I decided that I needed to farewell MinsMash and create a fresh new blog that was in line with the new, clearer visions I have in my head for my blogging future.
Here at Write of the Middle, I want to:
- share bits and pieces about living life these days as a 50 year old woman
- create a community for women of all ages, but particularly for women in their middle years, where we can share information and discuss topics that is relevant to us at this phase of our lives and support each other with compassion and humour
- create a community for all people middle-aged (women AND men)! Men are very welcome here at Write of the Middle!
- encourage self care and all things that contribute to balance of mind, body and spirit
- share information about healthy living – nutrition and movement
- create an inspirational space that is uplifting and encouraging
- share my love of photography through images and there may even be the sharing of the occasional photography tip
- and loads more!
Let’s talk about the image of the lady with the dogs in the header! I had a very interesting time communicating with a girl in Vietnam who created that image for me. The first lady version she sent me looked way too young and skinny! The second lady version she sent me looked way too old and frumpy! So I settled on the third version – this lady who is an ever so slightly more attractive version of me! 😉 She has a camera around her neck to represent my love of photography, a daisy in her hair to represent my love of nature and also the Marguerite (my first name) daisy. She is also holding the leads to my two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. The tri-colour (black, white and tan) is Chelsea who will be 15 in March 2015! The ruby is Ava who was 2 in September 2014.
Have you read my About page? It’s a very good place to start! You will not only learn more about me but get an explanation as to why I have named the blog Write of the Middle and the reasoning behind the tagline of ‘Snaps, Crackles and Zen with Min’.
It’s going to be a fun ride. I do hope you’ll come along for the ride with me. Until next time!
Ciao for now,