Tongue Twisters. Remember when you were a kid and you felt such a supreme sense of accomplishment if you could master one? I do, and I thought I was pretty good at it too. I thought it would be fun to take a trip down memory lane and have a look at some of the tongue twisters I remember from my childhood (note that some might recall differing variations of the wording).
10 Tongue Twisters from my childhood
- How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? He would chuck, he would, as much as he could, and chuck as much wood as a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
- Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn’t Fuzzy was he?
- Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
- She sells sea shells by the sea shore. The shells she sells are surely seashells. So if she sells shells on the seashore, I’m sure she sells seashore shells.
- Betty Botter had some butter. But she said this butter’s bitter. If I bake this bitter butter, it would make my batter bitter. But a bit of better butter would make my batter better. So she bought a bit of butter, better than her bitter butter, and she baked it in her batter, and the batter was not bitter. So ’twas better Betty Botter bought a bit of better butter.
- I scream. You scream. We all scream for ice cream.
- I saw Suzie sitting in a shoe shine shop. Where she sits she shines, and where she shines she sits.
- If a dog chews shoes, whose shoes does he choose?
- If two witches were watching two watches which witch would watch which watch?
- I thought a thought but the thought I thought wasn’t the thought I thought I thought. If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn’t have thought so much.
Do those ring a bell for you? Remember the feeling of accomplishment when you could say them without slipping up? Do you recall some others that aren’t listed here? Please share in the comments below!
Ciao for now,