Getting away to places in nature that are untouched by the hands of man are particularly peaceful to visit! Any place in nature is good for the spirit, but those spots untouched by man have an extra special opportunity for peace and solitude as there are usually far fewer, if any, people around and there is that extra special untouched magic about them.
So what is it about nature that is so good for us?
From my own personal experience, I believe that spending time in nature:
- calms us
- quietens the clutter and chatter in our minds
- provides a beautiful environment for activities such as walking and hiking
(also great for the mind, body and spirit)
- the sounds of nature relax and soothe us
- connecting with nature is energizing, making us feel more alive
- provides silence and solitude – everyone needs some time alone – even extroverts!
Spending time in nature is essential for all humans to truly flourish, especially in this day and age of concrete jungles, social media and technology!
Do you get out in nature enough? What benefits does being out in nature give to you?
Ciao for now,
This post has been shared over at One Mother Hen’s – Open Slather