Welcome to Skin Care Saturday #56
Today we are looking at the twenty-ninth (alphabetically) and FINAL ingredient of the twenty-nine ingredients contained within our Gorgeous Woman and ManOil8 products – Wheat Germ Oil.
Oils already examined have been Apricot Kernal Oil (Australian), Argan Oil (Moroccan), Avocado Oil (Australian), Sweet Almond Oil (Australian), Castor Oil, Camellia Seed Oil, Carrot Infused Oil, Calendula Infused Oil, Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil, Grapefruit Essential Oil, Grapeseed Oil (France), Hemp Seed Oil (Australian), Jojoba Oil (Australian), Jojoba Beads (Australian), Kunzea (Australian – Tasmanian), Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil (Australian), Olive Oil (Australian), Patchouli Essential Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Palmitate, Sweet Orange Oil, Pomegranate Seed Oil, Roman Chamomile Infused Oil, Rose Geranium, Sandalwood Seed Oil (Australian), and Seabuckthorn Berry Oil, Sunflower Oil (Australian), Natural Vitamin E and Watermelon Seed Oil.
Wheat Germ Oil
Wheat germ oil is extracted from the kernel of wheat grains. Wheat germ is the most nutritious component of the wheat kernel and contains 23 different nutrients. Its dense nutritional benefits make it a healthy addition to your diet. The oil is also nutrient-packed, which makes it particularly well-suited to moisturising and soothing your skin.
Wheat germ oil is a rich source of vitamin B6 and folic acid of the Vitamin B complex, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus and many other essential nutrients. It has antioxidant and anti-aging properties, which help in preventing many diseases like cancer, cardiovascular disease, etc.
Benefits for our skin and hair include the following:
- Wheat-germ oil is readily absorbed by your skin which make it a very effective moisturiser and topical treatment.
- When applied to your skin, wheat-germ oil delivers a healthy infusion of vitamin A, vitamin D, B vitamins, antioxidants and fatty acids. These nutrients not only moisturise and heal dry or cracked skin, they also help prevent scarring.
- Wheat-germ oil is a rich source of vitamin E, which helps reduce skin damage, fight free radicals, support healthy collagen formation and maintain even skin tone.
- It helps in reducing the signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles, and reduces signs of premature aging.
- It preserves the texture of your skin and hair, and even protects your skin from damage.
- It reduces redness – wheat germ oil has anti-inflammatory properties which helps to calm and reduce skin redness, irritation and more.
You’ll find Wheat Germ Oil in one of our very special products in the Gorgeous Woman Skin Care range:
And finally, an important note from Anne:
Please note, I would never recommend that you use any plant oil individually for skincare. Oils are incredibly rich, nourishing, and restoring and can cause irritation, redness or even burning if not blended correctly with other oils. In a perfectly balanced blend, using a dozen or more plant oils, even the most sensitive skin will benefit.
Ciao for now