The 100 Day Project – Background Information
On 30 June I announced my plan to do a #The100DayProject – starting on 1 July, and explained a bit about what that is. For me, it’s a plan to do something (anything) creative for 100 days.
As it turns out, my art group decided to do a 30 day sketching challenge during July, so the beginning of my 100 Day Project was quite sketch heavy, however along the way I fell in love with drawing in ink and adding some watercolour so it’s kinda gone that way now. I’ll go with the flow and see where it takes me.
I decided I’ll do a ’round up post’ once a fortnight for the duration of my #WOTMThe100DayProject to share the creativity I’ve done for that period and I also share how I’m feeling and what I’m noticing in each post.
Here’s the round up posts already published if you haven’t seen them:
and here’s days 61 to 74.
Here’s what I wrote to accompany Day 73 when I posted this one on my social media:
Day 73/100 – #wotmthe100dayproject – Remembering all of those lives cut short so tragically on 11 September 2001, and their loved ones left behind, with some watercolour and ink Australian native flowers. It’s hard to believe it’s been 20 years. I remember when I found out about it. I used to be in a singing group and we met to practice on Tuesday nights. I had to go to work the next day but it was around midnight before I was heading home. The husband of the friend who’s house we were at called us to the TV where we saw the planes crashing into the twin towers. It was horrific to watch and I remember driving home in absolute shock. Do you remember where you were when you heard?
How I’m feeling and what I’m noticing?
- I feel more free and confident with my art which is wonderful.
- I can’t believe I’ve done 74 days of creativity every single day. Only 26 days to go before I can have a little bit of a break!
- I love that I’ve found a way to make time for art in my days. It has been good for me in many ways.
- I love that I think I have finally found my ‘thing’ that I’ve been looking for for so long.
- I’m very thankful for all the kind words of encouragement and support. They mean so much to me. Thank you!
- I’m excited for what might lie ahead for me.
No blog post next week but I’ll be back the week after with Days 75 to 88.
So, where were you on September 11, 2001? Do you remember?
Wherever you are in the world, please take care of yourself and stay safe.
Ciao for now,
Linking up with Denyse Whelan for #LifeThisWeek