For quite some time I have felt that my life is a little too self indulgent. I’ve felt a need to give more in order to help people less fortunate than myself. I like to think that in my own little way, I might help others through what I share here on my blog. However, it has not been enough to quell the feeling within that I need to do more to make a difference in this world, while I am here.
I became aware some time ago of the World Vision Australia Blog Ambassador Program. Ever since, I have wanted to become a part of it but wasn’t sure if I were the right type of blogger or personality for it so I’ve sat on that thought for quite some time. My inner voice/critic was at it again, saying things like: Oh you’re probably too old; You’re not one of those hugely big and successful bloggers so would you still be able to make a difference?; You’re too much of a quiet and introverted type of person. You’re not loud and out there enough! Eventually, I gave myself a good kick up the backside. Stop being silly Min! Just enquire and see!! Who says there is a certain prototype of person that is best suited to being a World Vision Australia Blog Ambassador anyway? Diversity is awesome is it not and everyone has something a little different to offer, and surely the most important factors are that you have empathy, compassion, a genuine desire to help where you can, and that you have a blog! I do have those things, so I did eventually enquire, and …
So what does being a World Vision Australia Blog Ambassador mean?
- It means that I will become a lot more informed and knowledgeable about the areas of need by different cultures, countries and communities around the world.
- It means I will be a lot more aware of all the wonderful work that World Vision Australia is doing [sometimes in partnership with other organisations also]. Being a lot more informed means I will be a lot more aware of ways and means that I and others might be able to help.
- It means that every now and then I will share a blog post informing of the work World Vision Australia is doing. I’ll share the good news and I’ll share areas of need where maybe we could help.
- It means I am now part of a group of other World Vision Australia Blog Ambassadors who I very much look forward to getting to know and to meeting at the annual conference they have in Melbourne each year.
- It means my heart will be expanded as can only be the case when surrounded by kindness and compassion and care for other human beings.
- Who knows what else it might mean, but I sure look forward to finding out and I look forward to sharing all of this with you!
You can read more about being a Blog Ambassador HERE.
Christmas Gift Ideas
Since we’re getting very close to Christmas, and as my very first little contribution as World Vision Australia Blog Ambassador, you might like to consider sharing the spirit of generosity this Christmas with a life-changing World Vision Gift.
These [below] are just some of the wonderful gifts that you could give that last a lifetime – for you, the person who receives it, and communities around the world. Click HERE for more information and to see more gift options!
51 Years of Change
A year ago World Vision Australia [WVA] was celebrating 5O years of change. It’s now been 51 years of change. I’m a true blue WVA Blog Ambassador newbie. I have some reading to do and some ropes to learn but I am very excited to learn more about all the wonderful work that WVA is doing across the various countries and communities, and to play my own small part in this change! I look forward to finding my own voice and way of doing my bit to help children and communities break free from poverty and to have brighter futures, and I look forward to sharing with you!
Ciao for now,
Link up here at WOTM or with another of us in the Lovin’ Life Linky team:
It doesn’t matter where you link up as it will magically appear on all six blogs.